Although many people visit Victoria every year, it might be difficult to know where to start when you initially arrive. Since Melbourne is a great destination for a romantic getaway thanks to its trendy and cultural scene, we've compiled a list of activities for you to enjoy together. Here are some suggestions for romantic activities in our wonderful city.
Melbourne is full of exciting activities that you and your significant other can enjoy together. There is always a great time to be had down under, whether you're visiting the zoo or wandering aimlessly in the middle of the city. To help you plan your trip to this amazing city, we have compiled a list of some of our favourite activities to do here.
We have the scoop on romantic activities in Melbourne, whether you're just passing through or planning a trip there. We have compiled a selection of fantastic experiences that are perfect for any relationship and are sure to renew and revitalise you. There are numerous romantic activities to do in the city, whether it is your first time here or you have visited many times before.
It's not hard to see why so many Melbourne couples were looking for date suggestions. The sheer quantity of cultural offerings here might be daunting. There is something for everyone, from the vibrant artistic community to superb dining options. Here are some suggestions for making the most of a romantic evening in this charming metropolis.
Romantic Activities In Melbourne For Couples
For a particular occasion, are you trying to find romantic activities in Melbourne? Consider having your next honeymoon in Australia's second largest city. Gardens, a stunning skyline, and a lively nightlife are the perfect ingredients for a romantic vacation. Dinner cruises, jazz clubs, and historic theatres are just some of the many options for a romantic evening in Melbourne.
Flight Of A Hot Air Balloon
One of the most romantic things to do in Melbourne is to take a hot-air balloon ride over the city. In the morning, take off on a regal flight above Melbourne. As you soar over the city centre and beyond, you'll get to take in sights like the Melbourne Eureka Skydeck 88, Cricket Ground (MCG), and the Yarra River.
We highly recommend Liberty Balloon Flights because of the extra measures they take to secure the safety of their passengers. Enjoy a delicious breakfast on the 36th floor of the Sofitel Hotel, with a view of Melbourne's Central Business District, after your arrival.
You can't go wrong with this as a special occasion selection. It may be a marriage proposal, a first date, or an anniversary. Keep your loved one close while you take in the breathtaking daybreak. Soaring over one of Australia's most beautiful cities is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Scheduled Pickup Duration: 5 AM
It will take 4 hours.
Address: 25 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Dinner Cruise On The Spirit Of Melbourne
The Yarra River is a beautiful setting for a romantic date. The Yarra River is the beating heart of the city, with its many picnic areas, fishing piers, and other gathering spots.
Hop aboard a river boat at Southbank or Princess Walk and take in the sights of passing Melbourne. If you're looking for a great dinner cruise in Melbourne, go no further than the Spirit of Melbourne.
Starting on Southbank Promenade, this cruise takes in some of the city's most beautiful sights as you dine on a sumptuous four-course dinner. Start with seeing some of Melbourne's most well-known landmarks and taking in the city's breathtaking skyline. Later, toast your newfound love over a bottle of wine, a beer, or a shot of liquor.
Time of Departure is 7:30 PM
Total Time: 3 Hours
Southbank Promenade, Southbank, Victoria, Australia, 3006.
Observation Wheel Of The Melbourne Star
Take in Melbourne's stunning skyline from above. There is no other huge Ferris wheel in the Southern Hemisphere like the Melbourne Star Viewing Wheel, which provides breathtaking views of the entire city.
Enjoy a special romantic package at the Melbourne Star and take in the beautiful surroundings while you rest. Take advantage of the Observation Wheel's "Sparkling Flights" package and enjoy a glass or sparkling wine 120 metres above the city streets.
Or, warm yourself with the Gift Set Including Mulled Wine Tastings at the Observation Wheel this winter. Renting a private cabin just on Ferris wheel is the perfect way to spend a night together as a couple. If you're thinking of proposing, the Observation Wheel is the perfect place to do it.
Hours of operation: 11am-9:30pm (September - April) and 9:30am-6:30pm (May - August).
Time spent: 1 hour
The District Docks, 101 Dock Way, Docklands, Victoria, Australia 3008.
Tour By Horse And Carriage
Do you and your partner want to live like royalty for a day? Ride across Melbourne's cityscape in a horse-drawn carriage. Enjoy a ride around King Domain Gardens on a classic carriage and stop at the moving Shrine of Remembrance. The Queen Victoria Gardens provide another another green respite, and are home to some of Melbourne's most interesting sculptures.
The carriage ride includes a trip across Princes Bridge, where passengers may take in breathtaking views of the Yarra River—ideal for a passionate first date.
Thursday through Monday, 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Time commitment: 30min-1hr
Federation Square, besides Flinders Street Station, is the meeting point.
Wildlife Conservation Park Moonlit Sanctuary
Animal-loving couples should definitely take this trip, and if they do, they should definitely take a night tour. If you're in Melbourne and looking to view some amazing creatures, the Moonlit Sanctuary is a great choice.
Australia's native animals can be seen up close and personal on the famed lantern-lit night tours. Learn about the secrets of the night and the homes of rare species that only come out at night, such as quolls, bettongs & pademelons. In a tranquil bush setting, you can feed creatures like koalas & kangaroos.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 10 AM - 4 PM, and Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 AM - 4 PM.
The whole thing will take two to three hours.
Postal Address: 550 Tyabb-Tooradin Rd, Pearcedale, Victoria, Australia, 3912
AmazingCo Mystery Picnic Or Other Experiential Opportunities
If you'll stick with us, confident that you'll come to love AmazingCo as much as We do. AmazingCo offers a wide variety of adventures in and around cities throughout the world, including a plethora of options in Melbourne. They provide culinary adventures, murder mystery parties, and at-home fun for couples and friends.
The Mystery Picnic is our favourite activity of theirs. Follow this treasure hunt's clues to visit four to six unique shops in the region, stock up on picnic essentials, and then relax in a beautiful setting.
Melbourne Central Business District, Macedon Ranges, Torquay, Bellarine Peninsular, Ballarat, and Bendigo are just few of the places they set up Mystery Picnics to couples. As a result, if both you and your date are looking for something fresh and interesting, there is a Mystery Picnic out there for you. We guarantee you won't find a date more entertaining or original than this one!
4 Course Dinner Cruise On The Yarra River (Spirit of Melbourne)
This is not the best option for a initial date or a new lover, but it is a fantastic romantic night out in Melbourne for any couple. The large red "Spirit of Melbourne" boat, which you may have seen moored at Riverfront during the day, transforms into a luxurious date night cruise for doting couples as the sun goes down.
Don't be alarmed by the price; it covers a FOUR-course meal, cheese plate, tea, coffee, and beverages. To clarify, We did include alcoholic beverages in our request. You won't find that in many parts of Melbourne, but you definitely won't find it when spending a few hours on the Yarra River.
Visit An Outdoor Cinema
An outdoor movie is a great choice for a romantic evening in Melbourne this summer. If you want to watch a movie underneath the stars, Melbourne has several options for you to consider. There is a movie theatre called the Moonlight Cinema that shows films outside in Melbourne's Botanic Gardens. Large bean bags are available for hire, and there are food sellers on hand.
The Rooftop Cinema is located on a rooftop in Melbourne's Central Business District (CBD), and it offers a large number of seats for a reasonable fee so that moviegoers can spread out and take in a view of the city skyline.
Locations of the barefoot cinema may be found in three different areas of Mornington: Rippeon Lea Estate (the most central), Arthur's Seat, and Portsea.
No adorable or romantic Melbourne dating ideas here. Scary fun with a healthy dose of problem solving and logic is what you'll find in an escape room. All the top escape room in Melbourne have been discussed, but we've included one especially suited for a romantic evening just for you.
With a storefront in the middle of Melbourne, LOST in Melbourne Fun brings the best features of other escape rooms right into the city. They're all geared up for a great date with three different immersive experiences to pick from. What's not to appreciate about solving the riddle and winning over your girlfriend in the process?
Postal Code: 3000; Address: 298 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, VIC
Our business days and hours are as follows: Monday–Thursday 1–10pm; Friday 1–11:30pm; Saturday 10am–11:30pm; Sunday 10am–10pm.
Go On A Chocolate Tour To Spoil Yourself
Aside from chocolate, coffee isn't even close to being the best food ever (although, first thing in the morning, coffee will win out). The 2.5-hour Chocolate Paradise Walking Tour is one of the most enjoyable things to do in Melbourne since it provides instruction on how to properly taste chocolate, includes 10 chocolate samples, and culminates in a decadent afternoon tea.
If the sample bag and "I'm a chocoholic" badge aren't enough, you can take both home. Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are when you can take the tour.
Give Yourself A Traditional Wedgewood High Tea
If you're looking for a more classic high tea, go no further than the Langham's magnificent Afternoon Tea served on Wedgwood china. Even before being presented with a lengthy tea menu, the tension of the day slipped away thanks to a glass of effervescent Yarra Valley wine.
The tea sommelier led us in the right direction in our search for the ideal cup of tea; she had completed an eight hour Wedgwood training course, as evidenced by the special Wedgwood porcelain brooch she wore. Three-tiered cake plates were used to present our delectable assortment of sweet and savoury goodies. The elegant touch was provided by the Langham rose-decorated Wedgwood dinnerware.
Have Dessert In St. Kilda
When we were in St. Kilda on an earlier trip, we stopped in cake shop after cake store, each offering a different assortment of delicious treats. We gave in, and then, shortly after dark, we went to the pier where, years ago, hundreds of penguins would spend the night. We've been told that penguins are quite hard to find in the wild right now. We've also heard that nighttime in St. Kilda is exciting and "crazy."
Karaoke At Ichi Ni Nana Izakaya
Melbourne is full of opportunities for love! Take your date to Ichi Ni Nana Izakaya for a night of traditional karaoke and show off your vocal prowess. All the good stuff is now conveniently located in one place: this Izakaya now features a form of karaoke in which you and your date can sing your hearts out to your favourite songs while having a drink and some appetisers.
For the Love of Izakayas, Call Me Ichi Ni Nana
127 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065 Australia
We are open from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
Take Them To A Romantic Park Picnic!
Have the ideal picnic in a park at the Royal Botanic Gardens by bringing a blanket, wine, and snacks. Take your date to one of the world's largest botanical gardens, have them smell the flowers while you look for a nice area to sit, and then set up a real picnic in the grass. Just double-check the forecast first, okay?
OR if you're interested in a romantic picnic that's both catered and done right. This fantastic small business can arrange everything for you in Carlton's Princes Park, from feasting platters and blankets to games. It's the best method to blow someone's mind.
Chinatown Dirty Dumplings
Going out for Chinese in Chinatown is one of the most romantic things to do in Melbourne. Small, real dumpling shops in the area have earned the affectionate moniker "dirty dumplings" from the locals, who recognise that at first glance, health & security may seem questionable.
Little Bourke Street is lined with dozens of tiny dumpling shops, perfect for a lunch or dinner stop. Even if you overindulge to the point of a food coma, the bill won't exceed $30 per person. Wow, that's expensive, especially for the city.
The dumplings houses are BYO as well, so grab a bottle of wine before you go for a traditional Melbourne dinner date.
Adventurers, take note: Melbourne is home to one of the only two local skydives in the entire world. The beaches and central business district of St. Kilda may be seen in breathtaking detail from the world's closest dropzone, which is located at Skydive St. Kilda.
If the thought of skydiving over the Coast Road & Yarra Valley doesn't excite you, you can do all three! A highlight of our time in Melbs, We did it in August and highly recommend it. In that case, if both you and your sweetheart are adventure buffs, it might be the best day ever.
St. Kilda is where the city skydive group gathers; just check the forecast to make sure it's not going to be too windy. They will transport you in a car for an hour to the airfield, where you will check in, board a plane, and then leap.
Romantic Helicopter Ride
Keeping with the theme of aerial travel, We was surprised to learn that Melbourne offers more than ten distinct types of helicopter tours. Some Great Ocean Road tours include a chopper ride above the Twelve Apostles, while others take you to the landmark itself (epic).
Personally, We believe a private Yarra Valley chopper wine tour complete with wine, lunch, and more is the most romantic idea ever. Flying around to different vineyards is a great way to see the countryside and taste the wine.
We would say that taking a helicopter tour of Melbourne is one of the most romantic things a couple can do in Melbourne, especially if they are thinking about proposing. No, it won't break the bank, but it sure is swanky!
Thanks to its hip atmosphere and diverse cultural offerings, Melbourne is an ideal location for a couple's vacation. Whether you are a first-time visitor or a seasoned veteran, there is no shortage of romantic things to do in the city. A romantic evening in Melbourne might be enhanced by following these tips. It's not often that you get the chance to soar above one of Australia's most picturesque cities. Have a hearty breakfast at the Sofitel's 36th floor restaurant.
The Spirit of Melbourne serves a delectable four-course meal. Couples visiting Melbourne can take a romantic carriage ride through the city. Couples may get up close and personal with Australia's native wildlife at Moonlit Sanctuary. AmazingCo provides couples with a wide variety of date night options, including cooking classes, murder mystery events, and other activities that can be enjoyed in the comfort of their own homes. Central Business District (CBD) LOST in Melbourne is where you'll find the Rooftop Cinema.
This one's a blast because it brings all the finest parts of other escape rooms to the big metropolis. The "Spirit of Melbourne," a big red yacht, is transformed into a date night cruise for swooning couples. The Chocolate Paradise Walking Tour teaches visitors how to appreciate the flavour of chocolate in all its forms. Traditional high tea is served on Wedgwood china, as is the Langham's Afternoon Tea. You may show off your singing chops at Ichi Ni Nana Izakaya's karaoke night.
One of the most romantic things to do in Melbourne is to eat at Chinatown's Dirty Dumplings. Many little dumpling shops can be found along Little Bourke Street, making it an ideal place to grab a bite to eat during the day or evening. Even if you go crazy, the tab won't go past $30 per person. It's possible that the skydive dropzone at St. Kilda is the closest in the entire world. More than 10 different kinds of helicopter tours are available in Melbourne.
A helicopter wine tour of the Yarra Valley is the most romantic thing imaginable. It won't put a dent in your wallet, but it sure is fancy!
- We've developed a list of things to do in Melbourne as a couple because the city is so hip and culturally rich, making it an ideal location for a romantic vacation.
- Your significant other and you can find a wide variety of thrilling pursuits in which to participate in Melbourne.
- Here is a list of some of our favourite things to do in this great city to help you plan your visit.
- Whether you are simply passing through or planning a vacation to Melbourne, we have the lowdown on the most romantic things to do in the city.
- Whether this is your first time in the city or you've been here a dozen times, you'll never run out of romantic things to do.
- Sydney, the country's second-largest metropolis, would be a wonderful honeymoon destination.
- There is no shortage of places to spend an intimate evening in Melbourne, from dinner cruises to jazz clubs to historic theatres.
- Floating over Melbourne in a hot air balloon is one of the city's most romantic activities.
- After checking in, head up to the 36th floor of the Sofitel Hotel for a sumptuous breakfast with a panoramic view of Melbourne's CBD.
- A marriage proposal, a first date, or an anniversary are all possible examples.
- It's not often that you get the chance to soar above one of Australia's most picturesque cities.
- A dinner cruise on the Spirit of Melbourne is a must for anybody visiting Melbourne.
- You can begin your exploration of Melbourne by visiting some of the city's most recognisable landmarks and soaking in the stunning views of the cityscape.
- The Melbourne Star Viewing Wheel is the largest Ferris wheel in the Southern Hemisphere and offers unparalleled views of the entire city.
- Take advantage of the Melbourne Star's romantic package and unwind in style.
- Use the "Sparkling Flights" package on the Observation Wheel to sip sparkling wine 120 metres above the city.
- Or, this winter, cosy up with the Observation Wheel's Gift Set, which features mulled wine tastings.
- Take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the streets of Melbourne.
- Take a trip in a vintage carriage through King Domain Gardens and visit the inspiring Shrine of Remembrance.
- Couples who have a passion for animals would benefit greatly from taking this vacation, and those who do might consider going at night to see the sights.
- The Moonlit Sanctuary is a fantastic option for animal-lovers in Melbourne.
- Nighttime lantern tours are famous in Australia because they allow visitors to get up close and personal with the country's natural wildlife.
- Melbourne is just one of many places across the world where you may find activities from AmazingCo.
- Our favourite thing to do with them is their Mystery Picnic.
- Even though it's not ideal for a first date or a new flame, a night out in Melbourne is a great chance for romance for any pair.
- If you've ever seen the big red "Spirit of Melbourne" boat docked at Riverfront during the day, you may be interested to know that in the evenings it becomes a sumptuous date night cruise for doting couples.
- Not only is that not common in Melbourne, but it's impossible to find on the Yarra River even for a short period of time.
- When the weather is nice in Melbourne during summer, a couple can cuddle up and watch a film under the stars for a memorable date night.
- Melbourne has many possibilities for those who want to see a film outside beneath the stars.
- The Moonlight Cinema is an outdoor cinema in Melbourne, Australia's Botanic Gardens.
- Nothing cute or romantic about Melbourne date ideas here.
- Escape rooms are terrifying good times that also require you to use your head and solve puzzles.
- We've covered all the best escape rooms in Melbourne, but this one is tailored to a couple's outing.
- Centrally located in Melbourne, LOST in Melbourne Fun delivers the greatest elements of previous escape rooms to the city.
- One of the best ways to spend 2.5 hours in Melbourne, the Chocolate Paradise Walking Tour will teach you how to taste chocolate like a pro, treat you to 10 different chocolates, and end with a delectable afternoon tea.
- The Langham Hotel's excellent Afternoon Tea, served on fine Wedgwood china, is the epitome of traditional high tea.
- On a previous trip to St. Kilda, we visited numerous cake shops, each of which sold a unique variety of sweets.
- If you want to impress your partner with your singing skills, take them to Ichi Ni Nana Izakaya for a night of classic karaoke.
- Bringing a blanket, some wine, and some food to the Royal Botanic Gardens will make for the perfect picnic in a park.
- Bring your date to a true picnic in the grass by taking them to one of the world's largest botanical gardens, where they may look at the flowers while you hunt for a great spot to relax.
- This amazing company will set you up in Carlton's Princes Park with everything you need, from food and entertainment to blankets and games.
- One of the most romantic things to do in Melbourne is to dine at a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown.
- Many little dumpling shops can be found along Little Bourke Street, making it an ideal place to grab a bite to eat during the day or evening.
- Take note, daredevils: Melbourne hosts one of just two local skydives in the entire world.
- Skydive St. Kilda is the closest dropzone to the St. Kilda beaches and major business district, and the views are stunning.
- If the prospect of jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane over the Yarra Valley and the Coast Road doesn't pique your interest, you can do all three!
- We did it in August and it was the highlight of our trip to Melbs.
- There is a city skydiving organisation that meets in St. Kilda; just be sure the weather won't be too windy.
- Flying high above the Twelve Apostles is just one highlight of certain Great Ocean Road cruises (epic).
- We think the most romantic thing ever would be a private helicopter wine tour of the Yarra Valley, replete with wine, lunch, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions About Couples
- Take a Street Art Tour.
- Catch a Moonlight Movie in the Park.
- Wander Queen Victoria Market.
- Visit the State Library of Victoria.
- Take the City Circle Tram.
- Relax in Federation Square.
- Visit the National Gallery of Victoria.
- Wander the Royal Botanic Gardens.
- National Gallery of Victoria.
- Wander the city's laneways and arcades.
- Federation Square.
- Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Drink a flat white.
- Melbourne's markets.
- Great Ocean Road.
- St. Kilda Beach.