Explore the Melbourne Golf Driving Range options for some practise time. Some of the best racing ranges in Victoria can be found in Melbourne, making it a popular choice for golfers in search of the perfect place to hone their skills.
There are some great golf driving ranges in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, and we have the details. We've given the western option some thought, too. Whether you're looking for a range that's open late, has multiple levels, or is surrounded by breathtaking scenery, we've got you covered. Melbourne has been blessed with a number of world-class golf courses.
You need to use them to your advantage. After some time spent honing your skills at one of the upper driving facilities on with us list, we're confident that other than a severe case of the yips will stand between you and a good time. Keep talking about that.
FAQs About Driving Ranges
At the Heathmont Golf Park, visitors are treated to a special driving range where you can lovingly work on your game. It’s a secluded, peaceful setting situated approximately 200 metres from the Golf Shop in the middle of the Golf Park. 9. Werribee Park Golf Driving Range
Just 10 minutes away from the Melbourne CBD in Fairfield, The Yarra Bend Golf Driving Range is frequented by some of the best golfers in the world. It is easy to see why the facilities are not only of the highest standard but also conveniently accessible to the general public.
If you are looking for a good public golf range around Melbourne, then Albert Park Driving Range is one of them. This public driving range is open seven days per week and encourages visits from golfers of all levels. It’s only minutes from the Melbourne CBD, with the backdrop of Albert Park Lake precinct.
No, there does not seem to be a driving range at Royal Melbourne Golf Club.
Another great thing about the driving range is that there usually isn't a dress code. Unlike at golf courses, you don't have to think too hard about what to wear to a driving range but there are some pretty basic do's and dont's which we'll cover in this article.
In Melbourne, There Are Driving Ranges.
Melbourne is best experienced on foot, by running, cycling, or playing a round or two of golf at one of the city's many world-class courses. If you're not quite ready to play a complete 18 holes, or if you just want to relax and compete with friends, a trip to the driving range can be just the thing.
Many of Melbourne's golf courses also feature driving ranges, and the city is home to a few stand-alone facilities. However, it's recommended that you bring your own clubs if possible; if you're in the market for a new set, there are plenty of great golf shops in the area.
Yarra Bend Golf
Some of the world's greatest golfers frequently visit the Yarra Bend Golf Driving Range in Fairfield, only ten minutes from Melbourne's central business district. It's not hard to figure out why these facilities aren't only top-notch but also easily available to anyone who needs them. A great short game area and extended hours into the night make this a must-play for both out-of-towners and locals.
If you're looking for a driving range in Melbourne, you might want to check out Yarra Bend Golf. Only ten minutes from Melbourne's central business district, Fairfield is a great place to stay. Some of the world's finest golfers frequent the Yarra Bend Golf Driving Range. Golfers of all skill levels frequent this driving range because of its stellar reputation.
He has played at Yarra Bend Driving Range with everyone from amateurs to professional golfers like Geoff Ogilvy & Stuart Appleby. There is no membership required to use this driving range, and the services provided are of the finest quality. There is no question that this is need to for both tourists and residents. To practise your swing, check out Yarra Bend Driving Range, one of Melbourne's top facilities.
Fairfield, Melbourne, Yarra Bend Road
Keilor Public Gc And Driving Range
Finally, one of the cost-effective choices is at the bottom of the list. Do not be fooled by its lower-priced options. If you're looking to better your game, you'll find everything you need at the driving range at Keilor Public Golf Course. Be wary of hitting the range; Melbourne Airport is only a short distance away. Don't let the ball get skewed.
Keilor Golf is home to not just an 18-hole golf course, but also a footgolf course, and a driving range with 21 hitting bays. Due to the fact that bays are not covered nor floodlit, their opening hours are influenced by the time of year and the weather.
You can choose to have a thousand balls to knock down the range if the weather is nice and you want to show the other punters what you're made of (or if you just need some extra practise). If you don't have your own clubs, you may rent them from the course, and there's also a pro store if you want to buy any.
Keilor North, 540 Calder Freeway, Melbourne.
Albert Park Driving Range
There are a number of public golf courses in Melbourne, but it's hard to beat Albert Park. The driving range at Albert Park is open to the general public seven days a week, and golfers of all experience levels are welcome to stop by. Located only minutes from Melbourne's Central Business District, in the scenic Albert Park Lake district, you may have a good chilled drink while hitting 100 balls for about $20.
In addition to being one of the greatest driving ranges inside the area, this location is also home to the Victoria Park Golf Academy. Victoria Park Car is one of best public golfing facilities in the Melbourne area.
Golfers of all skill levels are welcome to stop by this public golf course any time during its seven-day weekly operation. It is located in the Albert Park Lake precinct, few minutes from Melbourne's central business district. You may whack 100 balls and have a cold beer for only $20.
At Albert Park, you'll find a friendly atmosphere whether you're a regular golfer or have never picked up a club before. Expert coaches with PGA experience will be available to you. There is no better place in Melbourne to learn the game of golf or hone your skills. They also provide golf clinics where you may take private golf lessons if you're in need of some help with the game. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just want to get out and have some fun with your friends, the Albert Park Commute is the greatest place to play golf in Melbourne.
Aughtie Drive, Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia
Kingston Links Driving Range And Improvement Centre
To help golfers prepare for their rounds, the Kingston Links Driving Range provides 40 covered hitting bays and 10 outdoor floodlit bays, all of which are outfitted with alignment aid hitter mats, quality real flight Callaway balls, short game as well as practise putting green areas, and multitarget greens and bunkers.
Postal Address: 14 Corporate Avenue, Rowville, Melbourne
It's best to get the thoughts of somebody who knows your sand wedge from their fairway bunker if you're not a natural. If you're in the market for new clubs, stop by Clubtech Golf and try them on one of their electronic simulations while getting expert guidance from the shop's knowledgeable staff. Or, if you’d prefer just ‘look’ a part, then can flaunt a gorgeous new golf shirt from of the shop.
Located at 4/159 Newlands Road, Coburg North, Melbourne, Australia
Maroondah Golf Park
Every level of golfer, from amateurs to seasoned veterans, will find something to love at the Maroondah Golf Park. Moreover, there are clinics available, and a large number of floodlit parking lots. Try your hand at mini-golf while you're there, too! For a more relaxed outdoor experience, try one of the two 18-hole mini golf courses.
The driving range at Maroondah Golf Park is 300 metres long and contains 25 covered bays. All golfers, from amateurs to seasoned pros, will appreciate the quality of the facilities available there. In addition, their facilities provide a large number of well illuminated treatment rooms.
Features include floodlights for nighttime practise, 13 mirrored bays, a large grass space, Srixon full flight balls, a PGA teaching pro, beginner clinics, women's and children's programmes, and more. For those who would rather relax in a more lighthearted manner, there is also a mini-golf course.
Chirnside Park, Melbourne, Australia; 363-365 Maroondah Highway.
Bulleen Golf Driving Range
To get away from the hustle and bustle of Melbourne, try out all the Bulleen Golf Driving Range. There are 38 covered driving bays available, and you may practise your swing with high-quality equipment and balls. Additional perks include a free practise bunker, putting green, and free loan equipment for kids.
There are 38 ground-level rooms with views of the picturesque Victorian surroundings. Bulleen Golf Driving Range is popular due to its attractive wooded location. Surrounded by parkland and trees, the range is the ideal place to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life in Melbourne and relax with a round of golf or a round of paintball.
Bulleen has 38 bays with a viewing distance of up to 250 metres, and the entire area is illuminated by floodlights after dark. You can work on your technique by using the practise sand bunker or the putting green.
Bulleen, Melbourne, Australia; 37 Templestowe Road;
Morack Practice Range
The covered driving range at Morack Golf is open every day of the week, has 20 hitting bays with top-notch hitting mats and alignment aids, and offers a wide variety of range targets and tee heights so that golfers of all skill levels may hone their skills.
The covered driving range at Morack Golf is available seven days a week, has 20 hitting bays with top-notch hitting mats and alignment aids, and offers a wide variety of range targets and tee heights so that golfers of all skill levels can get in some range time and work on their games.
Vermont South, Victoria, Australia, at the corner of Morack and East Roads
Riverside Golf And Tennis Centre Driving Range
When it comes to Melbourne golf driving ranges, Riverside Golf and Tennis Centre is one of the best. Comprised of 44 flood-lit bays, 22 of which are covered. This is the perfect spot for practising or just relaxing after a long day.
Ascot Vale, Melbourne; Newsom Street
Latrobe Golf Park
Practice makes perfect, and that's something the Latrobe Golf Park recognises is crucial to golfers' success. This Melbourne golf practise range is staffed by three PGA teaching experts who can help you with any aspect of your game, whether you want to concentrate on your long game, your short game, or you just want to pound some balls after a long day at work.
The Latrobe Golf Park emphasises the significance of practise in improving one's game. There are three PGA teaching professionals available at this Melbourne driving range, and they can help you whether you want to concentrate on your long game, your short game, or simply wish to hit some shots after a long day.
With grass tees, a custom club fitting area, short game tees, Pinnacle yellow ranging balls, club hiring, a bunker, a floodlit putting green, 32 covered hitting bays, and chipping sections, this driving range has it all.
Mailing address: 906 Plenty Road, Bundoora, Melbourne
Mountain Highway Golf Range
Among Melbourne area driving ranges, Mountain Highway Golf Course has some of the most affordable rates. You can choose your own location on one of 20 covered, floodlit bays and hit balls up than 250 metres down the line for a modest price. There are practise facilities for chipping and bunker play, and PGA pro instructor John O'Halloran is available to offer additional advice if you feel you need it.
The recently renamed Mountain Highway Golf Range, formerly known as the Wantirna Golf Range, is a 300-meter-long facility with 20 fully floodlit bays. Wantirna is one of top public golf practise ranges in Melbourne due to its reasonable rates and regular balls (as opposed to range balls). In addition, every week there is a free nearest the pin contest where participants can try to win 10 free bucket of balls.
The driving range fees at Mountain Highway Golf Course are among the lowest in the greater Melbourne area. If you pay a modest charge, you can choose from among twenty covered, floodlit bays and hit balls as far as 250 m down the range. You can practise your swing in designated chipping and bunker areas, and a PGA pro coach will be on hand to offer advice if you feel you still need it.
Located at 27 Havelock Road, Bayswater, 3153
Altona Lakes Golf Course
Every day of the week, guests can improve their game just at Altona Lakes Golf Driving Range. Hitting off of our driving range won't feel like practise because to the excellent quality, soft Srixon golf balls they utilise. Both a subscription plan and a pay-as-you-go option are available.
If you're looking for a golf course with driving range in the Melbourne area, go no further than Altona Lakes. They have a 9-hole course that's perfect playing when time is short, and a 16-bay undercover but also floodlit driving range. Even better, the driving range actually uses Srixon golf balls instead of range balls, and as such the swings you practise there will be the same ones you perform on the real fairway.
Paisley Park, Mason Street, Altona Melbourne Australia
Melbourne Golf Academy
You may get expert instruction in the club sport of golf at the Melbourne Golf Academy. Numerous trained instructors are available for lessons, or you can reserve one of the facility's forty-one driving range bays and give it a go on your own (34 undercovers, seven outdoor, all floodlit).
The fairway is 350 metres long, so you'll need to put all your strength into your swing, or you may work on your putting at one of the ten target greens spaced out at regular intervals.
Guests of the Melbourne Golf Academy can use one of 34 covered, floodlit driving ranges to hone their skills. The driving range approximately 350 metres in length and features multiple target greens of varied distances. All the meantime, hopefully good swings are sending high-quality two-piece Srixon balls into the sky.
There are 34 covered, floodlit driving range bays available for players to use at Melbourne Golf Academy. You can train whenever you like, day or night, regardless of the weather. With your own secure, individual parking space, you can start making yourself at home right immediately.
The bays are outfitted with high-quality soft-feel carpets that simulate the feel of a grassy fairway, as well as comfortable seating configurations, a drink container, a rock for your club, and a shelf for your accessories. There are a lot of great amenities at the driving range, such as 10 target greens, two range ball dispensers, and premium Srixon golf balls.
You can find us at 385 Centre Dandenong Road, Heatherton, Melbourne.
Heathmont Golf Park Driving Range
Visitors to the Heathmont Golf Park can take advantage of a first-rate driving range to hone their skills. It's in the midst of the Golf Park, away from the hustle and bustle, and it's surrounded by trees and grass for a quiet, relaxing experience.
Melbourne, Australia: 341 Canterbury Road, Bayswater North
Morack Public Golf Course
The driving range at Morack Public Golf Course contains 20 bays, and the course itself has 18 holes. They have floodlights, are covered, and have overhead heating so you can stay comfortable when it gets cold in the winter.
If you don't have your own set of golf clubs, you can rent them at the course. Professional instructors are available to help you break poor habits and master the swing.
Morack & East Roads, Suite 3133, Vermont South
Aces Sporting Club
The driving range at Aces Sporting Club is a popular amenity among Keysborough locals. Aces' 200-meter driving range is a great place to pass away the hours on the weekend or just after work, as it is split over two floors and completely licenced (so beers while hitting is a very real option).
Location: 317 Springvale Road, Keysborough, Victoria, 3173
Werribee Park Golf Driving Range
Werribee Park Golf Club places a premium on providing its members with a first-rate practise facility. You can hone every facet of your game at this top-notch facility, which features immaculate putting greens, pitching areas, and driving bays. Costs at Werribee are manageable despite the venue's attractiveness.
Melbourne, Australia: 350 K Road, Werribee South
Yarrambat Park Driving Range
Yarrambat Park Golf Course & Driving Range is located in Melbourne's Northern Suburbs, about an hour's drive from Melbourne's Central Business District. Those who don't enjoy playing a full 18 holes can instead spend their time hitting balls from one of the centre's 12 bays. If the weather becomes bad, you can play on one of the four covered holes while receiving instruction from one of the PGA-certified instructors.
Yarrambat 3091, 649 Yan Yean Road.
Melbourne is home to some of Victoria's finest driving ranges. There are several top-notch golf courses in the city. There are a number of separate practise facilities in Melbourne, in addition to the several courses that include driving ranges. Visit Yarra Bend Driving Range if you need a Melbourne-area driving range. Due to its excellent reputation, this driving range attracts some of the best golfers in the world.
This is a must-see for both tourists and locals thanks to the expanded hours. Keilor Public Golf Course has everything you need to improve your game. The public is welcome to use the Albert Park Driving Range any day of the week. One of the finest public golf courses in the Melbourne area is Victoria Park Car. There are 40 indoor hitting bays and 10 outdoor floodlit hitting bays available at the Kingston Links Driving Range and Improvement Centre.
Private golf instruction are also available at their golf clinics. The facilities at Maroondah Golf Park cater to golfers of all skill levels, from novices to seasoned pros. The greatest driving ranges in Melbourne have numerous target heights and yardages to choose from. Twenty hitting bays with premium hitting mats and alignment assistance are available in Morack Golf's covered driving range. Three PGA instructors are on hand at the Latrobe Golf Park to assist you hone your skills.
The Mountain Highway Golf Range is a 300-meter long facility with 20 floodlit bays that recently changed its name. If you feel you need further help, PGA professional teacher John O'Halloran is here to provide it. A free nearest the pin tournament is held every week, and the winner receives 10 free balls. Altona Lakes Golf Driving Range in Melbourne is a 9-hole course with a floodlit practise area. Srixon golf balls, not range balls, are used on the driving range, so your practise swings will translate directly to the fairway.
- Determine your possibilities for Melbourne Golf Driving Range time.
- For golfers looking to polish their talents, Melbourne is home to some of the top driving facilities in Victoria.
- We provide information about some of the best golf driving ranges in Melbourne's eastern suburbs.
- Melbourne is fortunate to be home to several top-tier courses.
- In order to get the most out of Melbourne, I recommend exploring the city on foot, going for a run or bike ride, or playing a round or two of golf at one of the many prestigious courses in the area.
- A trip to the driving range might be the perfect way to unwind and challenge your pals if you're not quite ready to play a full 18 holes.
- Driving ranges may be found on several of Melbourne's golf courses, and there are also a few standalone facilities in the city.
- However, if you have your own clubs, that's fantastic; if not, there are several excellent golf shops in the vicinity from which to choose.
- Golf at Yarra Bend Only ten minutes from Melbourne's CBD, near Fairfield, the Yarra Bend Golf Driving Range attracts some of the best golfers in the world.
- Whether you're a tourist or a resident, you can't miss it because of the fantastic short game area and late night hours.
- Yarra Bend Golf is a great option if you're looking for a Melbourne driving range.
- Fairfield is an excellent spot to stay because it is only ten minutes from Melbourne's CBD.
- The Yarra Bend Golf Driving Range is used by some of the best golfers in the world.
- The Yarra Bend Driving Range is one of the best places in Melbourne to work on your game.
- At last, near the end of the options, is one that won't break the bank.
- Keilor Public Golf Course has a driving range equipped with all the necessary facilities for golfers to hone their skills.
- An 18-hole golf course, a footgolf course, and a driving range with 21 bays are all available at Keilor Golf.
- Driving Range in Albert Park While there are other public golf courses in Melbourne, none compare to the quality of Albert Park.
- Golfers of all skill levels are welcome to stop by the Albert Park driving range any day of the week.
- Whether you're a seasoned pro or have never ever held a club before, you'll feel welcome at Albert Park.
- The Albert Park Commute is the best course in Melbourne, whether you're a seasoned pro or just looking for a pleasant location to play with your buddies.
- Melbourne, Australia; Aughtie Drive; Albert Park; Driving Range and Performance Center at Kingston Links The Kingston Links Driving Range is equipped with 40 covered hitting bays, 10 outdoor floodlit bays, alignment aid hitter mats, excellent genuine flight Callaway balls, short game and practising putting green areas, and multitarget greens and bunkers to help players get ready for their rounds.
- Shop for new clubs with the help of the educated experts at Clubtech Golf and try them out on one of their electronic simulations.
- Postal Address: 4/159 Newlands Road, Coburg North, Melbourne, Australia The Course at Maroondah The Maroondah Golf Park is perfect for golfers of all skill levels, from beginners to seasoned pros.
- You should give mini golf a shot while you're there.
- There are two 18-hole mini golf courses that offer a more laid-back outdoor activity.
- There are 25 covered bays spread out over 300 metres at the driving range at Maroondah Golf Park.
- Professionals and beginners alike will be impressed by the calibre of the amenities at that golf course.
- Because of its picturesque forested setting, Bulleen Golf Driving Range is a popular destination.
- The practise sand bunker and the putting green are available for use in order to hone one's skills.
- At the crossroads of Morack and East Roads in Vermont South, Victoria, Australia Putting Green at the Riverside Golf and Tennis Center The Riverside Golf and Tennis Centre is regarded as one of the finest golf driving ranges in Melbourne.
- Newsom Street Latrobe Golf Park and Ascot Vale, Melbourne The Latrobe Golf Park understands the importance of practise time for players.
- The Latrobe Golf Park stresses the value of regular practise for better performance.
- This Melbourne driving range features three PGA teaching pros that can assist you whether you're looking to work on your long game, short game, or just want to hit some strokes after a hard day.
- You can write to us at: 906 Plenty Road, Bundoora, Melbourne Landscaped Golf Course in the Mountains Mountain Highway Golf Course's charges are among the lowest of any Melbourne area driving range.
- There are 20 covered, floodlit bays available for you to pick from, and you may hit balls up to 250 metres down the line for a reasonable charge.
- Formerly known as the Wantirna Golf Range, the 300-meter-long Mountain Highway Golf Range currently features 20 completely floodlit bays.
- Among Melbourne's many public driving ranges, Wantirna is highly regarded for its affordable prices and consistent ball supply (as opposed to range balls).
- When compared to other driving ranges in the wider Melbourne area, Mountain Highway Golf Course's rates are extremely competitive.
- Twenty covered, floodlit bays are available for a small fee, and you can hit balls as far as 250 metres down the range.
- The 3153 Altona Lakes Golf Course can be found at 27 Havelock Road, Bayswater.
- Altona Lakes Golf Driving Range is open seven days a week to help visitors hone their skills.
- You need look no further than Altona Lakes if you're in the Melbourne area and in search of a golf course with a driving range.
- Mason Street and Paisley Park, Altona Melbourne Australia A Golf School in Melbourne Melbourne Golf Academy provides professional golf lessons for those interested.
- Each of the 34 covered, floodlit driving ranges at the Melbourne Golf Academy are available to guests.